Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Necklaces, Bookmarks, Motif and Earrings

Isa has finished work on the necklace she was designing. She used 3 different cotton threads all size 30 and she used a variety of techniques including rings, split rings, chains and Josephine knots. Now she is working on a new project, but what will it be? Maybe another necklace?

Laurette is addicted to making bookmarks and this is Jon's Overlapping Chain bookmark which looks complicated and intricate, but isn't.
Orsi has tatted Fox's Abigail motif and she really likes how it looks but found that the first round didn't lay flat. That's my fault. I did the first round for the class and wanted something as small as possible for a base round and skimped on the stitches.
Katherinne has another pair of earring done. These are Carnival by Yarnplayer, in size 20 Lizbeth, and size 10/0 seed beads and size 6 and 4 mm glass pearls.

3 comments:

Fox said...

Funny - I must have tatted it loose enough, as it was the right size for me every time! I didn't add stitches!
Fox : )

CrazyKwilter said...

Please add me to the list of participants in the 25 motif challenge.
thanks!

www.crazykwilter.blogspot.com

Nouchka said...

Hello, I am interested in tatting including beads but only with a needle.I just wonder : is it possible to include beads with a needle in tatting? I do not like shuttles. Are there books about this technique, do you know people who include beads in tatting with a needle ?
Thank you very much for your information.
My email is :
blandine64@yahoo.fr